A capable front end web developer with experience using Angular and React frameworks. Additional front end experience includes a Gulp workflow using Nunjucks, SCSS, and JQuery. Knowledgeable of the ins-and-outs of project management solutions such as Asana and JIRA. Alongside web development, significant knowledge of C++ for application development with extensive experience using the Unreal Engine 4 library.
Possessing a passion for project management, emerging technologies and development strategies help push the boundaries of recent experiences. Always up for the next challenge.
Unreal Engine 4 Development
“Unreal Engine 4 is a suite of integrated tools for game developers to design and build games, simulations, and visualizations.” - unrealengine.com
Unreal Engine is an incredible resource for game and simulation development, enabling cross discipline collaboration in an intuitive environment.
Below are a few of the systems I have work on in various projects, include the development of the upcoming game Eidetus:
- Replicating values and methods between servers and clients
- Handling large datasets with associated actor creation
- Implementing menu and frequently updated interfaces in UMG
- Streaming and unstreaming multiple levels into the same scene
- Handling parameter-based particle systems
- Optimizing character animations of differing priorities
Asana Project Management
“Asana helps you coordinate all the work your team does together. So everyone knows what needs to get done, who's responsible for doing it, and when it's due.” - asana.com
Some responsibilities I have handled with Asana are as follows:
- Organized tasks into weekly releases, dot versioning, and consecutive sprints in an Agile workflow
- Tracking progress of overall project and active sprints
- Providing granular subtasks for larger feature sets that may have multiple assignees and due dates
- Providing clear reproduction steps for issues of varying priority and severity
“gulp is a toolkit for automating painful or time-consuming tasks in your development workflow, so you can stop messing around and build something.” - gulpjs.com
Using a gulp workflow, one can quickly automate a number of tasks into an efficient pipeline.
Below are a few tasks that I have used in the past:
- Compiled SCSS into CSS with prefixes for all relevant browsers with optional sourcemaps or minification
- Compiled Nunjucks, the templating preprocessor for HTML, while retrieving a number of JSON files for generating markup via data iteration
- Provided a live local server for testing development across multiple browsers and devices on the network
- Monitored changes in development directories for all relevant files to immediately re-execute applicable tasks
In addition, through simple CLI commands an entire project can be up-and-running after downloading the repository from a git hosting platform.
Vue JS Framework
“An incrementally adoptable ecosystem that scales between a library and a full-featured framework.” - vuejs.org
Vue portfolio items coming soon!
EXPLETIVE STUDIOS -- Shelton, CT
System Engineer, 2015 to Present
- Led development of a peer-to-peer multiplayer game using Unreal Engine 4 and Steamworks.
- Organized task distribution in Asana to coordinate development between rapid prototype builds.
- Created an asset selection and instantiation system using C++ with network replication.
- Developed peer-to-peer gameplay interactions with primary and secondary objectives.
SHERPA DIGITAL MEDIA -- Redwood City, CA
Front End Developer, 2017 to Present
- Assisted developers by establishing and revising data contracts.
- Eliminated inconsistencies between front-end models and back-end store procedures.
- Asynchronously implemented UI with foresite on connecting API calls for multiple features.
- Thoroughly executed QA and debugging through project management processes.
ALDEN IMAGE -- Shelton, CT
Interactive Developer, 2015 to 2017
- Improved development workflows using custom frameworks built with NPM and Gulp.
- Maintained awareness of web traffic using Google Analytics, Tag Manager, and Data Studio.
- Updated network security and provided recommendations for systems and machines.
WESTERN CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY -- Danbury, CT
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Minor in Business Management